Tempting Tuesday’s Recipe:
Vegan Gluten Free Stuffed Bell Peppers
Here is a great Vegan Gluten Free dinner recipe for Stuffed Peppers! Stuffed Peppers is one of my favorite dishes when there starts to get a chill in the autumn air. This looks so yummy all I would add is some Daiya Cheese Shreds melted on top. Gotta have my faux dairy fix you know!
- 4 Bell Peppers (make sure you chose ones with Flat Bottoms)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Red Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic Cloves, crushed or 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp GF Soy Sauce ( I use Ohsawa Organic Tamari )
- 1/2 cup canned/frozen corn
- [b]Sauce for pouring over filled Peppers[/b]
- 28 oz can Tomato Sauce (Italian Blend)(Divided in half)
- [b]Stuffing Mixture for Peppers[/b]
- In Medium Saucepan, Combine Olive Oil, Garlic, and Onion. Saute until onions are soft.
- Add Carrots and cook for a few minutes.
- Add Rice, Lentils, Water and 14 oz Tomato Sauce.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add Cumin, Paprika, Cajun Seasoning, and Soy Sauce to mixture.
- Stir in and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the mixture boils, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until rice and lentils are cooked.
- Add corn to cooked mixture.
- While the mixture is cooking, Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Wash peppers and cut off tops.
- Remove Seeds.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes and then place in shallow baking dish.
- Separate mixture into peppers.
- Pour Sauce over peppers and cook on 350* for 20 minutes.
Bio for Gwen M: I am a stay at home mom to a 9-year-old daughter and 14-year-old step-son. I have been married for 10 years and each day brings new adventures in our relationship. I am beginning my journey into home schooling and really love the flexibility that staying home offers me. One of my favorite things to do is cook. I love having my children right along side of me because it opens their minds and taste buds to new things. I am new at cooking Gluten and Dairy Free and have surprisingly found many great recipes my whole family loves. You can find me on Twitter and Pinterest.