Rainbow Pepper Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Have you had spaghetti squash? While it tastes fantastic roasted, it comes out great in the microwave too which makes it perfect for when it’s too hot out to turn on the oven. This Rainbow Pepper Spaghetti Squash can be made in under 20 minutes if you microwave your spaghetti squash. It’s a perfect weeknight supper.
To cook spaghetti squash in the microwave, simply pierce all over with a fork and microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes per pound. Once it’s cool enough to handle, cut in half, scoop out seeds and shred into “spaghetti”.
- 1 small to medium spaghetti squash
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ each of a small green, orange, red and yellow bell pepper (or any combination you have on hand), chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- juice of half a lime (1-2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook squash in microwave or roast at 375 degrees for about an hour. When cool enough to handle scoop out seeds and transfer "spaghetti" into a mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet
- Add garlic, peppers, cumin, chili powder and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add lime juice and water and simmer for a few more minutes until peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add pepper mixture to squash and mix